17 TIPS FOR PACKING LIKE A PROMoving to a new home can be stressful, to say the least. Make it easy on yourself by planning far in advance and making sure you’ve covered all the bases.1. Plan
What Not To Overlook On A Final Walk-Through?
WHAT NOT TO OVERLOOK ON A FINAL WALK-THROUGH
It’s guaranteed to be hectic right before closing, but you should always make time for a final walk-through. Your goal is to make sure that your home is in the same condition you expected it would be. Ideally, the sellers already have moved out. This is your last chance to check that appliances are in working condition and that agreed-upon repairs have been made. Here’s a detailed list of what not to overlook for on your final walk-through.
Make sure that:
• Repairs you’ve requested have been made. Obtain copies of paid bills and warranties.
• There are no major changes to the property since you last viewed it.
• All items that were included in the sale price — draperies, lighting fixtures, etc. — are still there.
• Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
• All appliances are operating, such as the dishwasher, washer and dryer, oven, etc.
• Intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational.
• Hot water heater is working.
• No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard.
• Heating and air conditioning system is working.
• Garage door opener and other remotes are available.
• Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are available.
• All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed. Check the basement, attic, and every room, closet, and crawlspace.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of Georgia MLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Results Realty Services are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
Listing broker has attempted to offer accurate data, but buyers are advised to confirm all items.
Copyright 2019 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.